How to Get a Job in This Crazy Market
As I’m sitting here at the end of June thinking of what to write for my upcoming blog post, I can’t help but think that this is going to be the easiest and most enjoyable blog post I’ve written for JX in the 2 years that I’ve worked here.
That being said, we’re living in unprecedented times, and the market could turn on a dime.
Here are some basic tips on how to get a job in this crazy market, where everyone and their brother is hiring:
* Take action. Do something.
* Connect with people on LinkedIn.
* Update your resume and Indeed profile.
* Visit companies’ career pages.
* Actually apply for jobs.
* Follow up with companies 48-72 hours after you applied. Be professional and courteous. Tell them you’re interested and that you’d like to schedule an interview.
* Attend (video or in-person) the interview. Don’t ghost the recruiter, HR representative, or hiring manager.
* Answer all calls and texts. Check your email (and junk/spam folder) and voicemail every day. NOTE: If you don’t have a VM set up, please set one up.
* Follow all instructions and meet all deadlines for any and all pre-hire/background check processes you need to take care of.
* Actually show up to work on your first day. 🙂
See how easy this is? You got this!
If you’re looking for a job now, you can literally walk into just about any business, ask if they’re hiring, and see their face light up in joy as there’s actually someone that wants to work! 🙂
Because companies are struggling to staff their businesses, many of them have had to open late, close early, or temporarily postpone certain services.
As of this post, many of our dealerships are offering up to a $15,000 sign-on bonus for qualified Diesel Techs (paid out quarterly; efficiency numbers need to be met each quarter in order to qualify). One of our dealerships is offering up to a $5,000 sign-on bonus for experienced medium/heavy duty truck Parts Counter Reps (half paid out after 90 days and the rest paid out after 180 days).
JX has open positions in management, admin, parts, service, and more! If you are interested in joining our team check out our open positions and apply today!