There is no doubt that the job market is growing, which subsequently means – competition is growing as well. It is important, now more than ever, to differentiate yourself from the crowd of applicants that you will be competing against. Using the necessary tools and tips provided in this article, we can help you score the interview – and win the career of your dreams at JX Truck Center.
Recruiters search through hundreds of applicants on a weekly basis, in hopes of finding the right person for the job. The average recruiter looks at each resume for only 7 seconds. When recruiters stumble upon a resume that looks promising, the resume is pulled aside to schedule a phone interview.
Resumes are the first step in grabbing the attention of a recruiter. How will you stand out? What are we looking for at JX? Here is some insight:
- Update your contact information, making sure to use an appropriate, professional email address.
- Make sure your resume is concise, consistent and free of spelling errors.
- Set up your voicemail and make sure there is room in your inbox to leave a message.
- Take notes! Document the job titles and description, your login information, and the date you applied for your dream job at JX Truck Center.
- When a recruiter calls you, make sure you are in a quiet place, free from distractions or interruptions. If you are not in a good place, let it go to voicemail and call back when you are.
- Be confident! Be ready to speak about your qualifications and let them know why you will be an asset to the team.
Your dream career is closer than you think. Take the time to update your resume, create an appropriate voicemail, give your recruiter courtesy and professionalism. The steps leading up to an interview are important and crucial. Start to rethink your approach, follow these tips and make the right step towards the career you have always wanted. Click here to view open positions at JX!
This post was originally published in October 11, 2017 and has been updated on September 5, 2019.