It’s not always about experience and qualifications….It’s about how prepared you are. Prepping for an interview is one of the most commonly missed steps in process. Don’t just walk in and wing it…..
Do some “homework”
- Take 10 minutes and check out the company website.
- Find 1-2 things that you like about the company.
- Prepare written questions that relate to the role you are interviewing for.
- Prepare for some of the difficult questions: Why are you looking for a new position? Tell me about yourself? Tell me about a time…
- Know your resume front to back and be able to speak about each role and how it could relate to the role that you are applying for.
Before you even say a word to the hiring manager, you have already provided a first impression by your appearance.
Look the part:
- Business casual doesn’t mean sloppy. Your clothes should always be clean, pressed, and in good condition. Check for missing buttons, holes, or dangling threads.
- Don’t wear athletic shoes or open toe sandals.
- Collared shirts are safe. Do not wear loud print shirts or T-shirts advertising your favorite brand.
- Always tuck in your shirt.
- Have fresh breath, wear deodorant, and have your hair neatly combed.
It’s go time!
- Arrive 10 mins early for the interview.
- Know the role that you are interviewing for and who you are meeting with.
- Be confident.
- Introduce yourself.
- Firm handshake.
- Make eye contact & smile 🙂
Interested in joining the JX Family? Click here to see what we can offer you!
Author: JX Regional Recruiter