Kalmar Ottawa first became a legal entity in 1943 as Ottawa Steel Products, Inc. making attachments for farm equipment in Ottawa, KS. Since these early days of Ottawa Steel Products, the company has gone through many different products and name changes, but is known for its current product, the terminal tractor and the name Ottawa Truck. Kalmar Ottawa not only invented the product but is the global leader in the terminal tractor business, producing over 70,000 units, more than all of its competitors combined. Kalmar Ottawa trucks are known for their superior quality, safety and support. JX Truck Center has proudly represented the Ottawa product for over 30 years.
What makes an Ottawa different from other spotters?
Here are just a few examples:
- ROPS Certified Cab
- All routine maintenance checks can be done at ground level without raising cab
- Visibility increased by 20% vs. previous generation Ottawa
- Steps, deck, and outside grab handles yellow powder coat
- Composite materials – Roof cap, engine hood, front panel, skirting
- Immersion dipped E-coating on cab structure
- Standard lower cylinder support on all models
- All parts pre-drilled and powder coated prior to assembly
- Huck bolts used to create consistent clamp loads
- JX Truck Center offers factory trained service, parts, and sales personnel and a massive parts inventory.
- JX offers local support with 23 dealerships in the midwest and nationwide dealer support – 50 dealers and 175+ locations across U.S. and Canada
- Standard Warranty: 2 years, 6000 hours.
Contact us at JX for a FREE survey of your site and let us help you maximize your Terminal Tractor application. And if you are in the market for a terminal tractor, take a look at what we have in stock.
Author: Darren Simon, Corporate Vocational Sales Manager