Formed to help align corporate giving with community needs, JX Gives Back has already given to more than a dozen deserving organizations recommended by JX Associates from around the Midwest.
JX recently launched a network-wide charity initiative called, JX Gives Back. JX Gives Back was established as a way to support both local and global communities and as a way to give JX Associates a stronger voice in selecting which organizations and causes JX supports.
“Our Associates know the needs facing their communities the best,” says Eric Jorgensen, President & CEO. “That’s why it was vital that everyone have a voice in recommending and selecting which organizations we support.”
The JX Gives Back Committee is comprised of representatives from all divisions of the company. Donation requests can be submitted on behalf of any 501(c)(3) by customers, associates or external organization representatives. The submissions are reviewed by the committee three times a year. Afterward, based on the pool of submissions, timeliness and relevance to JX, donations are delivered to the organizations by JX Associates.
The first set of donations was distributed in May to the following organizations:
- Cranio Care Bears (Mead, Colorado)
- Relay for Life Waunakee, American Cancer Society (Waunakee, Wisconsin)
- Sussex Outreach Services (Sussex, Wisconsin)
- Herma Heart Center at Children’s Hospital of Wisconsin (Milwaukee, Wisconsin)
- Norski LaCrosse Club (DeForest, Wisconsin)
The second set of donations was distributed in August to the following organizations:
- Grant Me Hope (Holland, Michigan)
- Riley Children’s Foundation (Indianapolis, Indiana)
- Elton John AIDS Foundation (New York, New York)
- HOOAH Deer Hunt for Heroes (Stanford, Illinois)
- Big Rig Show to benefit Shriners Hospitals for Children (Dixon, Illinois)
- Truck Convoy for Special Olympics (Madison, Wisconsin)
- Menomonee Falls Little League (Menomonee Falls, Wisconsin)
- Spina Bifida Wisconsin, Ltd. (Wauwatosa, Wisconsin)
In conjunction with the formation of the committee, a new logo was created to set JX Gives Back apart. The logo features a script “gives” to emphasize the caring and fluid nature of the program and is set atop the word “back” which is in bold face giving homage to JX’s main logo and signifying the strong foundation that JX Gives Back is built on. The color purple was selected because it symbolizes peace, spirituality, creativity and compassion–all traits that JX Gives Back hopes to promote and embody.
To nominate a local 501(c)(3), customers, associates and external organization representatives are encouraged to complete and submit the JX Gives Back Donation Request Form located on JXE.com/about/purpose.
For other questions regarding JX Gives Back, please contact email@example.com.