This month, JX will be collecting donations for the people affected by the recent tornadoes in Central Indiana.
On the night of August 24, eight tornadoes tore through Hendricks, Boone, Hamilton, Tipton, and Howard counties. One of the hardest hit areas was around the town of Kokomo, about 50 miles north of Indianapolis. Two other tornadoes also touched down northwest of Lafayette.
All JX locations collect donations as a part of the company’s Casual for a Cause program. Each month, a different business unit, division, or location of JX selects a cause or organization to collect donations for. After the tornadoes hit Kokomo, the Associates at JX Peterbilt – Ft. Wayne selected the United Way of Howard County.
The United Way of Howard County is collecting donations and asking for volunteers to help those affected and displaced by the storms. The organization is a local, independent, non-for-profit organization dedicated to identifying and responding to the community’s most pressing social needs.
5 ways to give back to to those affected by the storms in Central Indiana:
- Stop in to a JX location near you! Place cash or a check donation directly in the donation boxes located at the reception counter. We will pool donations from all our locations and send them directly to United Way of Howard County.
- Sign up to volunteer through the United Way of Howard County here: unitedwayhoco.org/community/volunteer-kokomostrong
- Donate directly via credit or debit card to the United Way of Howard County: unitedwayhoco.org/community/give
- Donate to Kokomo Tornado Relief through the Salvation Army by texting HOOSIER to 41444 or donate online: app.mobilecause.com/form/PmdV9w
- Text REDCROSS to 90999 to support Red Cross relief efforts. Financial donations also can be made at: redcross.org